I've finally completed the PRELUDE speakers -
of course, much later than expected.
I've been listening to them for a few weeks
now, and I'm very satisfied with the sound. I did not test yet all the
different options of the crossover. For now I'm sticking to the
recommended 3R3 for the tweeter attenuation, and 15R for the bass level
in the additional parallel LCR filter. I used XT60 connectors, so I can
easily change the values for the tweeter and bass just by pluging the
Even though the cabinet design is relatively
straightforward (this was actually a reason why I chose the Prelude),
building them was significant work. This was only the second time I
worked wood, the first time being for building Zaph's SR71.
In addition to the
few pictures attached, here are all the pictures I took when building
Thanks for having designed this project!
Raphaël, from France.