My brother in law picked them up a few weeks ago, and he is happy with
In the attachment a few pics. of the proces. Not having a stationary
tablesaw, I had an extra challenge to machine the panels in the right
angles and keep it all square and parallel. A great help was to router a
few mm from the top- and side panels and then make the backpanel with a
tight fit. This makes gluing it together a lot easier. I routed
'keyways' for all panels, it's extra work but it pays of for a better
construction. One thing that I don't do anymore is using MDF for
constuctions. I thought that with the so called special quality of 22mm
Medite it would be easier to work with, but it wasn't. It's only the
top layer of 2/3 mm that is of a better quality, the core is very soft.
This resulted in a incredible amount of dust in my small workshop. So
next time I'll invest in health (I used a dust/organic vapour mask,
ear/eye protection) and spend some more money to use baltic birch. Well
the whole project took about a 120 hours, but I was very content with
the result. I choose to make a glued front and in order to maintaine
front panel dimensions I made it in an angle, instead of the 10 mm step.
So thank you, also on behalf of my brother in law, for this rewarding
project. It shows that you dont need to spend a fortune on drivers to
have a good sound.
See what pic's you can use for your website.
Kind regards, Sjaak